The best way to discover Sicily: by bike with this 7-days Tour
Discover Val di Noto (Noto Valley), in the South of Sicily, during this 7-days self-guided tour for you and your group.
Sicily by bike: Val di Noto with its Baroque Sites
This impressive bike route is suitable for all levels of cyclists and give you the unique chance to discover some of the beautiful gems of the Val di Noto (Noto valley), situated in south-eastern Sicily, and recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2003.
The journey is split into stages, divided over seven-days, taking you across the plateaus of the Hyblean Mountains to the Ionian coast. Along the way you will discover a number of Baroque cities including Palazzolo Acreide, Modica, Scicli and Noto, as well as Ragusa Ibla with all its treasures and Syracuse – the most important and elegant of all the ancient cities of Ancient Gree. You will also encounter unique geological spots of rare, natural beauty including the Riserva di Vendicari (Vendicari Nature Reserve), the seaside village of Marzamemi, the isola di Capo Passero (Cape Passero) and the isola delle Correnti (Correnti Island).
DAY 1: PALAZZOLO ACREIDERead More
DAY 2: PALAZZOLO ACREIDE – RAGUSA IBLA – MODICA
Total distance by bike: 50 Km (31 miles) – Total ascent: about 920 mt (3020 feet) – Route characteristics: hilly on asphalt – with uphill sections – Stage difficulty level: medium/challenging
Along the way you can stop to admire the view and enjoy lunch in Ragusa Ibla, one of the jewels of the Hyblean territory. Heading out of Ragusa Hibla, we’ll veer along a slightly downhill path and, after a final climb of about 3 kilometers, we will reach the town of Modica, where you will find your accommodation.
DAY 3: MODICA – SCICLI –MARZAMEMI
Total distance by bike: 52 Km – Total stage ascent: about ___ mt – Route characteristics: hilly on asphalt – with barely-challenging uphill sections – Stage difficulty level: mediumRead More
DAY 4: MARZAMEMI
Total distance by bike: 55 Km – Total ascent: about 350 m – Route characteristics: mostly flat – entirely asphalt, except for a few short stretches of dirt tracks that can be easily crossed- Stage difficulty level: easyRead More
DAY 5: MARZAMEMI – NOTO
Total distance by bike: 36 Km (22,4 miles) – Total ascent: about 350 mt (1150 feet) – Route characteristics: undulating but never too challenging – entirely asphalt, except for a few short stretches of dirt tracks that are easy to cross- Stage difficulty level: easyRead More
DAY 6: NOTO – SIRACUSA
Total distance by bike: 59 Km (36,6 miles) – Total ascent: about 600 mt (1968 feet) – Route characteristics: undulating – with an initial uphill stretch of about 4 kilometers – asphalt – Stage difficulty level: easyRead More
From here you will head north, and after taking a break at the mouth of the Ciane River (the only place in Italy where papyrus grows spontaneously) you will reach Syracuse – the ancient capital of Magna Graecia and Archimedes’ home. Here you can discover the magnificent sites of an ancient city that bears the marks of numerous Mediterranean civilizations, accumulated over the course of 3,000 years of history.
DAY 7: SIRACUSARead More
Point of Interest (POI)
- Palazzolo Acreide
- Ragusa Ibla
- Punta Secca (Montalbano)
- Cava d’Aliga (Aliga Quarry)
- Vendicari Natural Reserve
The fee refers to a minimum of 2 participants. Additional fees for single participants. Departure dates are guaranteed from the 1st of March to the 30th of November, every Saturday. Other dates on request, additional fees.
THE QUOTE INCLUDES:
- 6 nights stay in double/twin room + breakfast in 3 or 4-star accommodation;
- Maps & road book with route descriptions (1 kit per room);
- GPS bike tracker;
- Medical and luggage insurance;
- Telephone assistance during the journey (h 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.);
- VAT and other charges;
QUOTE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfer from/to the airport or from/to train stations
- Lunch and dinner
- Museum, natural reserves or paid places to visit admission fees and tips
- City tax (where applicable) to be paid directly to the hotel
- Anything that is not specified under the ‘THE QUOTE INCLUDES’
OPTIONAL EXTRA SERVICES:
- Luggage transport fee from hotel to hotel for the whole tour (minimum 2): €150.00 per person
- Single person supplementary fee including luggage transportation €250.00
- Single room supplementary charge €200.00
- High season (July and August) supplementary charge €100.00
- Extra night (B&B package) at Palazzolo Acreide in double room €50.00 per person
- Extra night (B&B package) at Palazzolo Acreide in single room €70.00
- Extra night (B&B package) in Syracuse in double room €60.00 per person
- Extra night (B&B package) in Syracuse in single room €100.00
- Rental of 1 21 or 24-speed to Trekking Bike (equipped with side back bags, protective helmet and safety chain) €90,00
- Rental of 1 E-bike Atala B Tour Bosch Engine (equipped with side rear bags, protective helmet, repair kit, pump and security chain, battery charger) €180.00
- Rear/front seat rental €25.00
- Children’s trailer rental (max. 40 kg) €50.00
- Garmin Edge 820 rental € 30,00
- Assistance (bike mechanics, luggage transport, beverage transport, possible passenger transport) with minivan following for the duration of the bike tour €2,400.00
- Assistance from an authorised cycling guide for the duration of the bike tour €1,100.00
- Transfer from Catania airport to Palazzolo Acreide (minimum 2 attendees) fee €45.00 per person
- Transfer from Syracuse to Catania airport (min. 2 attendess) fee €35.00 per person
- Quote for children (up to 12 years old) available on request
- Other service quotes available on request
CANCELLATION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 28-14 days before the start date of the tour, you will be charged 50% of the total amount payable
- 13- 5 days before the start date of the tour, you will be charged 70% of the total amount payable
- 4 days before the start date of the tour or no show, you will be charged 100% of the total amount payable
We recommend you to wear comfortable footwear, sportswear and to bring a helmet and a flask/water bottle with you.
Our group tours are designed for people who regularly practice sport activities, although not necessarily competitively. Given the nature of the route this tour covers (an undulating track with uphill sections) and in light of the length of some of the sections, we recommend e-bikes for those who do not cycle regularly (at least once a week).
The itinerary may be subject to substantial changes before and/or during your holiday, depending on organizational or climatic factors, or due to updates in regulations issued by local authorities out of our control. Along the route, for example, there may be some temporary diversions due to unplanned roadworks, which are impossible to predict and that are normally reported on location.
Place of departure
Place of arrival
Total Km by bike
245 km - 152 miles
2,300 m - 7,545 feet
We recommend you to wear comfortable footwear, sportswear and that you bring a helmet and a flask/water bottle with you